- Teens’ brains make them more vulnerable to suicide
- Everyone Can Play a Role in the Conversation about Mental Health: Faith-Based Organizations Fact Sheet
- Information for Faith-Based and Community Leaders: Mental Health Talking Points for Faith-Based Communities
- High rates of suicide in Chicago, suburbs raise red flags, Chicago Tribune
- Talking About Suicide and LGBT Populations
Talking About Suicide and LGBT Populations
This guide provides ways to talk about suicide more safely, while advancing vital public discussions about preventing suicide, helping increase acceptance of LGBT people, and supporting their well-being. The recommendations were adapted in part from existing research and media education materials developed by leading suicide prevention
organizations, including the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention and the Suicide Prevention Resource Center. To access some of these original resources, visit www.lgbtmap.org/talking-about-suicide.
This guide can be accessed on the Human Rights Campaign website at www.hrc.org/documents.