- Teens’ brains make them more vulnerable to suicide
- Everyone Can Play a Role in the Conversation about Mental Health: Faith-Based Organizations Fact Sheet
- Information for Faith-Based and Community Leaders: Mental Health Talking Points for Faith-Based Communities
- High rates of suicide in Chicago, suburbs raise red flags, Chicago Tribune
- Talking About Suicide and LGBT Populations
SPRC/AFSP add Lifelines Postvention: Responding to Suicide and Other Traumatic Death to Section III of the Best Practices Registry for Suicide Prevention
Lifelines Postvention: Responding to Suicide and Other Traumatic Death is a 170-page manual with accompanying CD that provides a template for creating a school-based response to the death of a member of the school community by suicide or other traumatic means. The manual emphasizes the critical, but limited, role of the school in managing the effects of the death with a response that uses school resources, augmented by community support when necessary. It is available from Hazelden for a fee.
Read more about this at www.sprc.org.