- Teens’ brains make them more vulnerable to suicide
- Everyone Can Play a Role in the Conversation about Mental Health: Faith-Based Organizations Fact Sheet
- Information for Faith-Based and Community Leaders: Mental Health Talking Points for Faith-Based Communities
- High rates of suicide in Chicago, suburbs raise red flags, Chicago Tribune
- Talking About Suicide and LGBT Populations
SOS (Signs of Suicide) launches updated DVD, Friends for Life: Preventing Teen Suicide
Screening for Mental Health has released a new DVD and discussion guide with three new, compelling real-life stories. The DVD includes: interviews with teens who have struggled with mental health issues; interviews with school counselors and other mental health professionals; and four professionally acted vignettes that illustrate issues related to bullying and academic pressure. These revised materials are a main component of the SOS prevention program and are designed to raise awareness, destigmatize mental illness, and give students the help-seeking tools they need to help themselves or a friend.
For more information, visit www.mentalhealthscreening.org.