- Teens’ brains make them more vulnerable to suicide
- Everyone Can Play a Role in the Conversation about Mental Health: Faith-Based Organizations Fact Sheet
- Information for Faith-Based and Community Leaders: Mental Health Talking Points for Faith-Based Communities
- High rates of suicide in Chicago, suburbs raise red flags, Chicago Tribune
- Talking About Suicide and LGBT Populations
UK: Sussex rail staff to be given training on suicides prevention, The Argus, Jun. 18, 2011
Network Rail, owner and operator of the United Kingdom’s rail infrastructure, is working with suicide prevention group The Samaritans to help prevent suicides along the railways. The Samaritans will train Network Rail staff to identify and approach vulnerable people near train tracks, stations or bridges as part of a five-year, seven million dollar partnership. The program will also include support for drivers or other workers affected by suicides in the rail system. The collaboration between Network Rail and The Samaritans is the United Kingdom’s first coordinated national partnership to work to prevent suicide on the rail network.
Read the article at www.theargus.co.uk.