- Teens’ brains make them more vulnerable to suicide
- Everyone Can Play a Role in the Conversation about Mental Health: Faith-Based Organizations Fact Sheet
- Information for Faith-Based and Community Leaders: Mental Health Talking Points for Faith-Based Communities
- High rates of suicide in Chicago, suburbs raise red flags, Chicago Tribune
- Talking About Suicide and LGBT Populations
Greece: Debt crisis sinks Greeks into gloom, suicide on rise, Reuters, Jul. 11, 2011
A recent increase in the suicide rate in Greece is causing officials to consider whether the country’s economic difficulties is having an effect on mental health. According to Christos Hombas, the head of a Greek social support hotline, Greek men find it particularly difficult to reach out for help when faced with loss of economic and social status. At the same time, said Hombas, traditional mental health safeguards such as closely knit family structures are eroding as Greek society becomes more westernized.
Read the article at www.reuters.com.