- Teens’ brains make them more vulnerable to suicide
- Everyone Can Play a Role in the Conversation about Mental Health: Faith-Based Organizations Fact Sheet
- Information for Faith-Based and Community Leaders: Mental Health Talking Points for Faith-Based Communities
- High rates of suicide in Chicago, suburbs raise red flags, Chicago Tribune
- Talking About Suicide and LGBT Populations
Fifth National Suicide and the Black Church Conference – June 22 -23, 2011, Memphis TN
The theme of this year’s conference is “The Sun Will Shine Again.” The conference will be dedicated to the memory and work of Dr. James (Jim) Clemmons, who passed away in January. Dr. Clemmons was a well-known advocate against suicide, founder of OASIS and a Co-Founder of the Suicide and the Black Church Conference. Early registration is encouraged.
Read more about the conference at www.memphishealingcenter.com.