- Teens’ brains make them more vulnerable to suicide
- Everyone Can Play a Role in the Conversation about Mental Health: Faith-Based Organizations Fact Sheet
- Information for Faith-Based and Community Leaders: Mental Health Talking Points for Faith-Based Communities
- High rates of suicide in Chicago, suburbs raise red flags, Chicago Tribune
- Talking About Suicide and LGBT Populations
CALM: Counseling on Access to Lethal Means
Reducing one’s access to lethal means is an important factor in preventing suicide. Visit the Harvard School of Public Health’s website at www.hsph.harvard.edu to learn more about their “Means Matters” program. The website contains educational information about reducing access to lethal means. CALM workshops are being offered in various states. In the workshops, faith leaders and other mental health counselors learn techniques for counseling families on the importance of restricting access to lethal means.