- Teens’ brains make them more vulnerable to suicide
- Everyone Can Play a Role in the Conversation about Mental Health: Faith-Based Organizations Fact Sheet
- Information for Faith-Based and Community Leaders: Mental Health Talking Points for Faith-Based Communities
- High rates of suicide in Chicago, suburbs raise red flags, Chicago Tribune
- Talking About Suicide and LGBT Populations
AFSP sponsors Facilitating Suicide Bereavement Support Groups training – May 20-21, 2011, Seattle WA
This two-day, hands-on training program combines lecture, interactive discussion and role-playing to help survivors of suicide loss and interested others learn the “how-to’s” of creating and facilitating a suicide bereavement support group for adults. It is appropriate for survivors, mental health professionals, and others who would like to start a new group, as well as those who currently facilitate a group and would like to increase their knowledge and skills. Registration deadline is April 26.
Learn more at www.afsp.org.